Oct 10th - Dec 8th, 2023
What is the Climate Action Challenge?
- An eight-week program designed to engage you and your workplace team in climate action! We recommend you review or take the introductory Climate Challenge 101 before this more action-oriented and in-depth program.
- 4 Weekly Emails designed to be short and to the point, you will also get the opportunity to delve deeper into topics of interest
- A welcome webinar and 4 Live Panels throughout the challenge (see dates below).
- This program focuses on solutions and strategies to get you on track to achieve your climate goals.
- Every week you will receive emails with links to tools and extensive resources. Get a quick summary on the topic or dig deeper – you choose!
- At the live webinars, you'll have the opportunity to hear from local experts in climate change and action. They'll bring to life all the ideas presented throughout the challenge. We will present case studies and invite panelists from these businesses so you can ask your questions and learn from their experiences.
- By the end of the Challenge, you'll have the foundation for your Climate Action Plan! This program will guide you step-by-step to create an action plan to begin to combat climate change within your organization while being mindful of environmental sustainability and environmental justice.
Live Zoom Webinars
October 12, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Welcome Webinar, Overview of The Challenge: Get all your questions answered and meet peers taking the challenge with you.
October 19, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Transitioning to Clean Energy and Community Power: Learn the various tax incentives and options. Speakers:
- David Webb, ReVision Energy, David helps commercial customers transition to clean energy. Learn the various tax incentives and options.
- Henry Herndon, Community Power Coalition of New Hampshire. Henry work with businesses, governments, and communities to advance 21st-century energy solutions.
November 9, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Resilient and Energy Efficient Buildings: Ask the experts your questions and learn about various new building and existing building strategies. Speakers:
- Alyssa Murphy, AIA, LEED AP. Architect/Principal at Placework. Learn about the innovative early learning center being developed by the City of Lebanon and how this high-performance, net-zero energy building provides resilience as it serves a critical need in the community.
- Joe VanGombos, NHSaves, Unitil, Learn about the various opportunities and incentives to improve the performance of your existing buildings.
November 30, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Hypertherm Associates Panel: Learn how the company integrates its climate strategy through the Green Teams, focuses its climate goals, and its efforts with customers. Speakers:
- Robin Tindall, Environmental Stewardship Team Leader
- Jamie Green, Environmental Specialist
Learn how Hypertherm sets its Climate Goals, Collaborates with its customers on reductions, and integrates their strategy within through Green Teams.
December 7, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Addressing Transportation: Speakers:
- Jesse Lore, Owner of GreenWave EV, the first all EV and Hybrid Dealership in New England. Find out how Jesse works with companies to reduce their Scope 3 emissions.
- James Penfold, ReVision Energy, Learn about EV charging options at your facility
- Jessica Wilcox, NHDES, Learn about the new EMPOWER program launched by NHDES for electrification and EV Charging.
Topics To Be Discussed:
- Week 1: The Business Imperative for Climate Action
- Week 2: Assessing Your Business's Climate Footprint and Goal-Setting
- Week 3: Energy Efficiency and Transitioning to Clean Sources
- Week 4: Industry and Materials
- Week 5: Transportation and Mobility Solutions
- Week 6: Food, Agriculture, and Land Use
- Week 7: Business Resilience and Emergency Management
- Week 8: Advocacy and Employee Engagement
Why take the Challenge?
- Understand the business imperative for climate action
- Develop actionable plans
- Connect with other businesses and community professionals interested in having a positive impact in addressing the challenges we are facing
- Become the change you wish to see!
What is the program cost?
- FREE and open to all thanks to our sponsors.
Our thanks to our sponsors for making this program possible!