Oct 9th - Dec 8th, 2024
What is the Climate Action Challenge?
- An eight-week program designed to engage you and your workplace team in climate action! We recommend you review or take the introductory Climate Challenge 101 before this more action-oriented and in-depth program.
- 4 Weekly Emails designed to be short and to the point, you will also get the opportunity to delve deeper into topics of interest
- A welcome webinar and 4 Live Panels throughout the challenge (see dates below).
- This program focuses on solutions and strategies to get you on track to achieve your climate goals.
- Every week you will receive emails with links to tools and extensive resources. Get a quick summary on the topic or dig deeper – you choose!
- At the live webinars, you'll have the opportunity to hear from local experts in climate change and action. They'll bring to life all the ideas presented throughout the challenge. We will present case studies and invite panelists from these businesses so you can ask your questions and learn from their experiences.
- By the end of the Challenge, you'll have the foundation for your Climate Action Plan! This program will guide you step-by-step to create an action plan to begin to combat climate change within your organization, while being mindful of environmental sustainability and environmental justice.
Live Zoom Webinars
October 12th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Welcome Webinar, Overview of The Challenge: Get all your questions answered and meet peers taking the challenge with you.
October 19th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Transitioning to Clean Energy and Community Power: Learn the various tax incentives and options.
November 9th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Resilient and Energy Efficient Buildings: Ask the experts your questions and learn about various new building and existing building strategies.
November 30th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Hypertherm Associates Panel: Learn how the company integrates its climate strategy through the Green Teams, focuses its climate goals, and its efforts with customers.
December 7th, 12:00 - 1:00 PM, Addressing Transportation: EV charging, EV options and strategies for scope 3, NHDES' EMPOWER program.
Topics To Be Discussed:
- Week 1: The Business Imperative for Climate Action
- Week 2: Assessing Your Business's Climate Footprint and Goal-Setting
- Week 3: Energy Efficiency and Transitioning to Clean Sources
- Week 4: Industry and Materials
- Week 5: Transportation and Mobility Solutions
- Week 6: Food, Agriculture, and Land Use
- Week 7: Business Resilience and Emergency Management
- Week 8: Advocacy and Employee Engagement
Why take the Challenge?
- Understand the business imperative for climate action
- Develop actionable plans
- Connect with other businesses and community professionals interested in having a positive impact in addressing the challenges we are facing
- Become the change you wish to see!
What is the program cost?
- FREE to all NHBSR members thanks to our sponsors.
Our thanks to our sponsors for making this program possible!